We (the folks at JamieMorales.com) run this site and would love for you to use it. This site, blog, and related services are designed to educate and entertain.
legal [at] JamieMorales (dot) com
C208B-777 Bay St. Toronto ON M5G2C8
Last updated: September 18, 2022
Information that we collect and how we use it
- We collect your name and email address. For example, you may subscribe to receive email updates from the blog on the site by submitting your email address. We will never sell your email address or name.
- We use third-party vendors to deliver the newsletter and process payment. Where payment is applicable, we never see, hold, or store your payment details. That is handled by a third-party vendor such as Stripe. Other possible third-party vendors include Memberful, Convert kit, Discourse, MediaTemple.net, and Google Analytics.
- You can optionally create content. If you participate in the JamieMorales.com community, you may create additional user-generated content, which may be used for different purposes by JamieMorales.com.
- The internet comes with a footprint. Web servers may automatically capture the following information from visitors to the Site, including the name of the domain and host from which you access the internet, the internet address of the Site from which you enter the Site, the pages you visit on the Site and the amount of time you spend on the Site. This visitor information may be used to improve the Site.
- We use this information to deliver services. That includes personalizing the website for you, enabling your access, and sending you newsletters and emails. Where payment is applicable, we also use this information to send you statements and invoices, collect and process your payments, and send you marketing materials.
Your personal information
We collect certain information that identifies you as an individual (collectively, “Personal Information”). The Personal Information we collect may include the following:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Social media handle (e.g., if you engage with us on social media);
- Your billing and/or shipping address; and
- Your payment information.
Legal basis for collection of information
JamieMorales.com asserts the following legal grounds for the collection of data:
- Explicit consent — When you sign up for blog updates, newsletters (either free or paid) or any other account at JamieMorales.com, you provide explicit consent for JamieMorales.com to collect your personal information.
- Contract — If you enter an agreement with JamieMorales.com for the provision of services in exchange for payment, JamieMorales.com will be required to collect your personal information.
- Legitimate interests — Finally, JamieMorales.com may have additional legitimate interests, including account maintenance and administrative purposes, for the collection of your personal information.
Disclosure of information
We will not voluntarily share your name and email provided via the Site to any third party, except:
- With third parties that we hire to perform services for us (these third parties are not authorized to keep or use your personal information for any other purpose),
- To comply with legal requirements, such as law, regulation, warrant, subpoena, court order, or with a regulator or law enforcement agency or personnel or
- In connection with a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
Visitor information described in the section “Information that we collect and how we use it” may be provided to third parties as described below under “Cookies“ and “Web Beacons.”
Your choices and access
We want to keep your name and email address accurate. You can correct or update your name or email address that you have provided us. Corrections can be submitted through your account form. Readers dissatisfied with a response may reach us via email at legal [at] JamieMorales (dot) com.
The Site may allow you to choose to receive or stop receiving communications from us. You can prevent further use of your name or email address by emailing legal [at] JamieMorales (dot) com.
Links to other websites
Securing your data
JamieMorales.com will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We take commercially reasonable steps to secure and safeguard such personal information.
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect personal information from them. If we discover that a child has provided us with personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to delete this information. If you have reason to believe we may have accidentally received personal information from a child under the age of 13, please immediately let us know at legal [at] JamieMorales (dot) com.